Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I heart apothecary tables.


While visiting Buenos Aires 2 summers ago, I fell in love with a porcelain apothecary table I found in a bead shop.  Thinking it would be too difficult to get it home and that I could easily find something just like it, I left it in the store without even a picture to document its awesome-ness. Now after never finding anything as close to cool (and the store mysteriously vanishing upon my return...?), this is the top item on my list of not-buying remorse - yes it exists.  

Anyway, I've been searching for one that would fill this void, and lately, I've found some decent substitutes.  The one from BsAs was small and would have fit perfectly on a bureau to serve as storage for jewelry, miscellaneous clutter, etc.  Most of the ones I've found lately have been a bit bigger and would be better as a nightstand or something similar...



I think I would replace those pull handles with some porcelain knobs, like these from Anthropologie.






A different look, but I love this metal apothecary cabinet from




2 comments:

Brighton said...

Don't worry blogger. I was planning to stuff one in my suitcase to surprise you with for your birthday...all the way from BA...

I remember the exact one you are speaking of...and it was great. Like the ones you have posted as well

mcl said...

It was better; you can admit it.