Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Snake Cuff

I've decided to slightly change the ole blog and refocus my efforts to finding "the look for less." I'm still going to find the clothing and interiors I love, but just add a less expensive alternative choice to get the same look. The economy is unstable, there is no reason for a budget to hinder style, and well, I'm poor. Not to mention finding a cheaper way to get the same look is what preoccupies most of my surfing time anyway!

...My boring art history posts will not change, because art is expensive for a reason!

So today's is this snake cuff I've been eyeing.

This Sydney Evan Pave Snake Cuff is a Neiman Marcus for $3,575. I love it. I like how it is still a snake, but much more classy than the chunky bedazzled reptiles that I've been seeing lately.



And here are the cheaper, more affordable versions:

This one is from the Metropolitan Museum of Art store, its 24K gold plate for $76.50 for members and $85 for non. This one is even cooler than the Neiman's one because it is reproduced from a master mold taken directly from an original bracelet from around 300–250 B.C. and now in the Museum’s collection.


This one is from Bettina Duncan and it's $150.
This one is a little scary how real it looks, but I like it, and it's only $42. It's from Michelle Chang Jewelry.

No comments: