Friday, August 8, 2008

Angie Hranowsky

Today I was going through some old House Beautiful magazines for a project and I rediscovered Charleston designer Angie Hranowsky. I originally had taken notice of Angie because of her graphic design work, specifically the letterpress invitations and stationary. I've always been interested in letterpress, it's so classic, and takes practice and talent. The amazing part of Angie's work is that she is EQUALLY as talented in interior design. Angie shows that if you have more than one passion, you don't necessarily have to choose.

This is the image from House Beautiful that caught my eye. I have some friends decorating a new apartment in NYC and Angie's work made me think of them. Her work is so chic, but also so do-able. It's not too pretentious, but incredibly stylish. She is has great work from which to take inspiration.



I spy a David Hicks pattern on the curtains. It works here, but could be too busy in other settings.


Here is another good look for my NYC friends to take inspiration. It's easily recreated with flea market finds.


I THINK that fabric on the chairs is Ashley Hicks for David Hicks, again. Not sure though. Looks great.

Can definitely see her graphic designer side take over here.



How great is the large scale of that lamp! Looks like the faux zebra rug I mentioned a while back.

I love the combination of cobalt blue and light pink.


Now for the ADORABLE letterpress items. More designs are available here.



1 comment:

mcl said...

wonderful. can't wait until we get to venture to the Hells Kitchen flea market to scavenge...