Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Atlanta Homes

I have a truly love-hate relationship with Atlanta. I hate the traffic, and the suburbs, but I love the city and its Southern roots. When I go running around my house in Buckhead, I see the most beautiful old Southern homes, mostly on West Paces Ferry and surrounding roads like Tuxedo. I've also noticed that alot are for sale right now. It's ALMOST enough to distract me from the 99.5% humidity.

Although not for sale, it's worth nothing that my run starts at the Swan House, which is owned by the Atlanta History Center. It is beautiful, and so are those Belinda roses.

The Pink Palace

This is the "Pink Palace," a famous Atlanta home that once was, in fact, pink. It's at the intersection of Tuxedo Road and West Paces Ferry. It also has a really beautiful yard, that isn't show here.

Currently the Southern Center for Intl. Studies
Truly a Rare Opportunity in Buckhead
I'm so surprised to see this is for sale. It now is the Southern Center for International Studies, but you really wouldn't know it unless you see the small sign at the gate. This one is right across the street from the Governor's mansion.




This one is on Tuxedo. It's beautiful. Alot of these old Buckhead homes are unique because of the huge yards, which is very rare in even the largest homes in other cities. I love passing this house on my run, because it's the old home of the Woodruff's and Robert Woodruff was president of Coca Cola at one point, as well as namesake for Atlanta's wonderful Woodruff Arts Center (a love in my love-hate relationship).


Willis Jones House

I wish I had a better picture of this one, but my significant other and I absolutely love this one. It was built in 1922 by the famous Neil Reed, an architect who did alot of homes in Atlanta.








This one is right across the street from the Woodruff home and also for sale, and most noteable for the beautiful gardens.






I absolutely LOVE this one. It's not on my running route, but I pass it alot in the car. It's off W. Wesley off Peachtree. I always complain that I can never get any peace and quiet in Atlanta (hate), but I know I could if I lived here.





This one is prettier in person, but this gives an idea. It also has a great yard and it gets tons of sun because it's right on top of a little hill on Tuxedo Road.

1 comment:

Material Girls said...

Gorgeous homes! My old roommate just moved to ATL- those homes are enough to make me want to jump on a plane to go visit her!