Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why Didn't I Think of This

I had a big "Why Didn't I Think of That" moment this weekend. I swear that SOMETIMES all it takes to be a famous artist is a good idea and not necessarily talent in the classical sense. But I repeat, SOMETIMES. Anyway, this weekend my mom came in town which gave me the impetus I needed to figure out what to do with this huge blank canvas (literally) I've had hanging on my wall for months. I had it there hoping that the idea would come, but alas, no good ideas so I resorted to copying someone else's good idea. Then there it was.... WHY didn't I think of this!

Atlanta artist Scott Ingram's series of nail polish paintings is my latest idea to blatantly copy (for personal use!!). It's economical, easy and really great looking.



I'm half way through my own version, and it's looking pretty darn good. I'm great at dripping finger nail polish!


I sort of don't feel bad about copying Ingram's idea in my own house. Because Morris Louis's did kind of have this idea years ago (minus nail polish)...

3 comments:

AllieB said...

I like yours the best, Anna

mcl said...

We have a very long skinny hallway in our new apartment, and it would be great if you'd hop on a plane with your holster of polish to create a little something there.

Anna said...

The one above IS by Morris Louis. I thought about not correcting, then thought I should. I post pics of mine. MCL.... I'll send ya'll one for xmas.