Thursday, February 4, 2010

You must try this recipe



So, Katie's mom makes the best authentic cajun food. Tonight she gave us her "secret" easy recipe for pecan pralines. They are amazing (and I would say I've had a lot of pralines in my life). I have eaten so many pralines tonight, and I don't regret it for one second. Although this did bring up a debate over the pronunciation of praline: PRAY-leen or PRAW-leen. (I say PRAW-leen).

PECAN PRALINES:

1.5 c. sugar
1 small can Pet milk
1/2 stick butter
2 c. pecans
1.5 tsp. vanilla

In heavy pot, combine milk and sugar. Stir only to mix, and then do not stir again until mixture comes to a rolling boil. When the mixture begins to boil, set a timer for 4 minutes. Stir constantly until timer rings. Remove from heat and add butter, pecans and vanilla. Stir until mixture gets thicker. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let harden.

1 comment:

chicken said...

It looks amazing, I'm going to try it.