Wednesday, August 18, 2010

la valise! la valise!

Lately I've been really wanting a great overnight bag (une valise!), and it's been quite a search to find one that I like. It seems the vast majority of bags out there are overpriced and tacky...or wonderful and expensive. No thanks Tory, I don't need a $500 nylon gym bag. I don't understand why more companies do not make a practical, reasonably priced LEATHER tote.
The J Crew Leather Suitcase - if this bag wasn't so beyond my price point I think I would really like it ($$$$$)


The J Crew Trunk - so impractical, but I have to admit...I love. ($$$$$)


The LV Travel Bag...chic or tacky? Can go both ways if you ask me, depending on who is carrying it (and if there's a dog/rat inside).

Mulberry Large Clipper - my favorite duffel for sure, still a bit out of my price range

Brics Travel Bag - My compromise to the Mulberry, looks similar and at a much better price point

All pictures courtesy respective websites

4 comments:

Anna said...

LOVE the Brics and Mulberry. Good finds. I love a square hard suitcase, but agree, SO impractical. Unless your boarding a train to Hogwarts.

mcl said...

Maybe I'll make enough one day to have a little man servant to help me load my trunk onto the Orient Express. (You can come too, and you don't have to be the man servant).

Aunt Sally said...

I can tell immediately who is the author of each post just from the first few sentences. When I saw the dog/rat comment I knew for sure it was MCL.

AllieB said...

My favorite part of this is the title. But I did look at the pics - the LV duffle is out of the question, and I love the Brics.