Monday, August 30, 2010

A Change in the Rotation

I have a rotation of three work lunches: egg salad, chicken salad and arugula salad. So it was a welcomed change today when coworker Daniela offered me some of her Tuna and White Bean Salad to go on top of my arugula. I happen to love canned tuna, but I think you'd like this recipe even if you don't like canned tuna because the lemon/capers neutralize the fishy taste. It's just delicious!


2 6 oz. cans tuna, drained
1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
2 tbsp. capers
3 tbsp. lemon juice (Daniela suggested more)
1 tbsp. EVOO
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

In large bowl, combine tuna, beans, red peppers, capers. In separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt, and black pepper.

Pour the vinaigrette over the tuna mixture and toss. Chill.


No comments: