Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh the leaves, they are a changin'...

We are finally having a little Fall weather in NYC...and I couldn't help but snap a few pictures this weekend of the changing leaves. Its so gorgeous. Now if we can just get it to stay like this 'til Turkey Day...






How pretty is this tree lined street? It was so quiet too...really dreamy. I'll take this brownstone please.


Oh and an Episcopalian church I can visit right across the street, how convenient!


Oh thank goodness, I can buy all my hand crafted housewares here...

The last great thing about this neighborhood (sorry if I'm boring you) is the High Line. This is truly one of the neatest things I've seen in NYC in awhile... Basically, it's about 1.5 mi of former elevated railroad track that was redeveloped into a 'greenway' and opened as a city park on June 8 of this year. The park literally runs right through Chelsea; its so neat to see the juxtaposition of the city life/plant life. They've really done an incredible job with this urban garden, excuse my amateur pictures, they hardly do it justice.




You can even see the Statue of Liberty!





1 comment:

Anna said...

Love all these pics! Even though you've been there for a while, I still feel so cool to have my NYC friends.