Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some of my "wants" for the Summer...


First let me start by asking, are jumpsuits still a bit controversial in ATL?  I don't own a long one yet, but I have a few rompers or "play suits".  I absolutely love the versatility of them....but I know a lot of people are hesitant to take the plunge.



This Wink jumpsuit is my absolute favorite.  I love the wide legs, deep v-neck, and the fact that its racer back.  It's also a great brushed satin material.  Downside is that it's way out of my price range... 



So I might have to settle for this Free People one....
at least until a sale!  One thing I do like about this one is the braided drawstring.  For some reason I've always loved braided detail, whether it be on a strap, belt, or really anywhere.


Next on my list are beach cover ups.  I've always loved a good tunic dress for the beach, but this year I'm leaning towards shorts + long top combos.  





So you'll have to use your imagination a little with this picture, but I'm thinking a denim shirt would be a really cute cover up.  My favorite option is this fitted chambray button down by Lauren Jeans Co., that I think I would order one size up to make it a little longer/roomier.  



The second option I've found is from J. Crew.  This one is a bit darker denim, and the website says its made to fit over sized.  Now that I see them together and read about the fits, I really can't decide which I like more...

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yes, Atlanta is a bit to conservative for jumpsuits... we're just now accepting leggings.