Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lanterns!

I really love lanterns for any room in the house or in a tent at a wedding...I'm not sure where my obsession/fascination came from but here are a few of my favorites that I've seen lately.  

For a wedding:




Reception at Laura and Walt Torbert's Charleston Wedding
Images and additional information courtesy Style Me Pretty

In a home:






Designer Kay Douglass' Southern Home
All images courtesy of House Beautiful

Lanterns to complete the look yourself:



Metal Lantern from Pieces
Image courtesy Simply Seleta



Yes, not technically a lantern, but the same idea...


Pottery Barn Weathered Zinc Lantern

Pottery Barn really has a lot of affordable options, and you could make them a bit more rustic or change the color around if you wanted.  I'm also sure there are a lot of vintage finds to be had...and don't get me wrong I also still love a good chandelier!

No comments: