Tuesday, May 26, 2009

DIY Mag

I just walked into my apartment and I am SO EXCITED because my new subscription of Do It Yourself Magazine is here! It's like Domino meets Country Living meets a Lowe's catalog.  You kind of have to de-country some of the projects, but I am so excited about so many of these crafty ideas.  
Headboard project: The magazine claims this is an easy headboard.  It actually doesn't look too hard, just some foam board, MDF sheets and fabric.  The country part is that crazy fabric, which I'd just replace with a solid.

I love this idea for a beaded-board wall.  The beaded board comes in sheets and you can just change the direction to make the geometric pattern.  Again, a little too tween/country with that lime green.  I'd just do a cream or white.  

Even the directions to make that table and lamp are included in the article.  I am just thrilled with my new magazine.  Even though some of it is not my style, it definitely has some unique starting points for projects.  Wahoo!

3 comments:

mcl said...

I really really like the idea of that beaded-board wall in cream....that would really be an easy way for a quick update to a dull room.

mcl said...

I also like the blanket on the bed at top...I want it in light blue.

Brighton said...

I like the term DIY. My boss the other day said "oh not much just some DIY projects around the house" when I asked him what he was doing this weekend. and now a DIY mag? am I the only person who didn't know what DIY was...thanks.

keep up the good work you two